- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 ginger root, chopped and crushed
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 4-5 okras
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 2 cups of squash, cubed
- 1 ampalaya, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 bundle of sitaw, cut by 2 ½” long
- 2 cups of water
- Bagoong isda or bagoong alamang
- cooking oil
- In a deep pan, saute garlic, add with onion.
- Add half kilo of pork into the pan and season it with salt. Saute still until pork starts to render fat and its edges turn brown.
- You may then add tomatoes and crushed ginger.
- Mix the ingredients well for a couple of minutes, pour water then bring it to a boil.
- Add slices of okra, eggplants, ampalaya, sitaw and squash.
- Season pork and vegetables with bagoong according to your taste. Mix it well and simmer until all veggies are cooked.
The classical way of cooking Pinakbet is using bagoong isda rather than bagoong alamang. You may use the latter if you choose.
Easy Related Posts
Ginisang Sayote Recipe
https://youtu.be/hjAd55MrcEc Ingredients 2 pcs sayote ( julienne cut) 1 pc small carrot ( julienne cut) 2 ...read more
Stir Fry Okra with Salted Eggs Recipe
https://youtu.be/by1ND-ViVuw Ingredients 3 bundle of okra 1 salted egg 3 clove garlic ½ tsp. Salt and ...read more
Potato Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/MqplGPOIf3k Ingredients Homemade Mayo Mustard Dressing (see recipes) ½ kg Potato (cut into bite size and ...read more
How to Make HOMEMADE Potato Mojos ala SHAKEYS MOJOS
https://youtu.be/zRi1MFbyYqU Ingredients 3 pcs Potato ( carefully wash and cut 1 inch thickness) 1½ pack of ...read more