- 2 shallots or 1 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 to 3 bird’s eye chilies
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 to 10 leftover grilled or fried chicken pieces (about 800 grams in total weight)
- 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups lechon sauce (store bought)
- sliced scallions to garnish
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Finely slice the chilies.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the garlic, shallots (or onion) with 2/3 of the sliced chilies until softened and aromatic, about two to three minutes.
- Pour in the vinegar and soy sauce. Stir in the brown sugar and black pepper, and throw in the bay leaves.
- Dump the leftover rotisserie or fried chicken into the pan. Boil until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about five minutes.
- Pour in the lechon sauce. Set the heat to the lowest setting. Cover the pan. Simmer the chicken for 20 minutes. Midway through the cooking, taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings, as needed.
- Transfer the cooked paksiw na lechon manok into a serving bowl or individual bowls. Garnish with sliced scallions and the remaining sliced chilies.
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Tinolang Manok Recipe
https://youtu.be/buJ0PyE4RUs Ingredients: 1 Kilo Chicken Garlic Onion 1/4 cup of Fish sauce Sayote or Papaya Chili ...read more
How to Cook Roasted Chicken
https://youtu.be/gaUGXorVwj8 Ingredients: Whole Chicken Lemon Grass Lemon juice Onion Garlic Chili Ginger Olive oil Fish Sauce 2 tbsp. Salt and 1 tbsp. Pepper 1 tbsp. Seasoning Powder Procedure: Wash ...read more
How to Cook Chicken Broccoli Recipe
https://youtu.be/BI4tFkYd4Js Ingredients: 1 kilo Chicken strips Broccoli Garlic slice dice Ginger slice dice 3 tbsp. Oyster sauce 2 tbsp. Sugar 1 tsp. Salt ...read more
How to Cook Jollibee style Fried Chicken / Negosyo Recipe
https://youtu.be/YW8i0sRr7rk Ingredients: 2 kilos Chicken Egg Garlic 12 pcs. Calamansi ½ cup Fish Sauce ½ kilo Flour 2 tbsp. Cornstarch 1 tsp. Seasoning powder 1 ...read more