- 2 shallots or 1 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 to 3 bird’s eye chilies
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 to 10 leftover grilled or fried chicken pieces (about 800 grams in total weight)
- 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups lechon sauce (store bought)
- sliced scallions to garnish
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Finely slice the chilies.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the garlic, shallots (or onion) with 2/3 of the sliced chilies until softened and aromatic, about two to three minutes.
- Pour in the vinegar and soy sauce. Stir in the brown sugar and black pepper, and throw in the bay leaves.
- Dump the leftover rotisserie or fried chicken into the pan. Boil until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about five minutes.
- Pour in the lechon sauce. Set the heat to the lowest setting. Cover the pan. Simmer the chicken for 20 minutes. Midway through the cooking, taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings, as needed.
- Transfer the cooked paksiw na lechon manok into a serving bowl or individual bowls. Garnish with sliced scallions and the remaining sliced chilies.
Easy Related Posts
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
Homemade Chicken Inasal
https://youtu.be/P71kkdbOrw8 Ingredients. 1 kg of chicken (leg and thigh, wings) 1/4 cup ketchup ¼ cup soy ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more