Bored with your same old deep-fried or roasted meats and looking for something that is filling for your family meal? Fortunately, here is an answer for your search. This flavorful Filipino combination of vinegar, garlic and soy sauce to form a delicious sauce that cuts through the silky richness of pork knuckles slowly simmered over a hot stove called paksiw na pata is the best recipe for you to try. Balance its taste with a bit of brown sugar to your sauce, the saltiness and sweetness come together to form one thick sauce over a tender mouthful of pork. Do this recipe on your home and have a comforting home you can also share with friends and family. Add cabbage and banana hearts simmered in for more healthy meal. With this, you can now have one ready viand that’s easy to serve straight out of the pot as a complete meal with a big bowl of steamed white rice. Happy cooking!
- 1 large pork knuckle (about 2 lbs/1 kg)
- 8 cups (2 liters) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Filipino vinegar (suka) or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) black soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (60 g) brown sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup (35 g) dried banana heart or lily buds, rinsed and soaked in water until soft, or
- 2 cups (200 g) cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the pork in a large saucepan with the water, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, bay leaves and garlic, reduce the heat and simmer until the pork is tender and the sauce has thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Add the banana heart and simmer for another 30 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
Recipe Source here
Easy Related Posts
Sizzling Crispy Pork Sisig
https://youtu.be/2yfF_xdcPQ0 Ingredients ½ kilo Pork Face ( boiled and grilled) 1 pc red chili (labuyo) 1 ...read more
Crispy Pata with Special Sauce
https://youtu.be/_b_A8pMRD90 Ingredients. 1 Whole Pork Leg/ Pata 2 pcs. Slice Onion 7 cloves of Slice Garlic ...read more
Giniling na Menudo (Ground Pork Menudo)
https://youtu.be/SLi-zkK4iLE Ingredients: ½ kilo of Ground Pork 1 big Carrots (Slice dice) 1 big Potato ...read more
Homemade Tocino/ Negosyo Recipe with Costing
https://youtu.be/n3M7-ogaNUo Ingredients: 1 Kilo of Pork Loin/Lomo Few of Red food Coloring 1/2 Cup Brown ...read more