Filipinos are mad for kakanin. Sapin-sapin, puto, kutsinta – name it! But when your sweet cravings kick in, there’s nothing better than palitaw sa latik.
Palitaw is a sweet rice cake. Latik, on the other hand, has two versions. For the Tagalog, it refers to solid coconut curds, whereas for the Bisaya, it is a thick, caramelized coconut cream. The heavenly combination of palitaw and the Bisaya-version of latik is now within reach. Whether you serve it for your meriyenda or the next fiesta, satisfy your cravings using this easy Palitaw sa Latik recipe now!
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup water
- Combine the rice flour and water in a bowl until a smooth dough is formed.
- Form small balls then flatten the balls into quarter inch thick.
- Stretch the dough to make an oval shape.
- 1 can coconut milk or cream
- To make latik, start by pouring coconut cream into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil with continuous stirring until almost dry.
- Turn heat to low and continue stirring until the curds separate from the coconut oil.
- Continue stirring until the curds are browned but not burnt.
- Drain and set aside.
For The Sauce
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 cups coconut milk (Pangalawang piga)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Water (To adjust thickness)
- Pinch of salt
- Mix coconut milk and brown sugar.
- Simmer and let the sugar melt.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Drop in formed palitaw and let it cook.
- Once the palitaw float, it is cook.
- Add the coconut cream and let it simmer until the sauce is slightly thick
- in consistency.
- Add cooked latik and remove from heat. Serve.
Easy Related Posts
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more
Cheesy Pandesal Recipe
https://youtu.be/8-GKJmmLCpA Ingredients: 4 cups of Flour Cheese for fillings ¼ cup of butter 2 pcs. Eggs ...read more
How to Make PUTONG BIGAS
https://youtu.be/Shn6SqCqx5k INGREDIENTS: 4 cups of rice flour 1 and 1/2 cups of white sugar 2 tsp ...read more
How to Make Kalabasa Dunot Recipe (Healthy Meryenda)
https://youtu.be/LFpiJtsZ1zk Ingredients: ½ whole slice of Kalabasa 1 cup of Powder milk 1 cup Sugar 2 ...read more