- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup grated mature coconut meat
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 3/4 cups cold water
- water for boiling
- In a wok or pan, roast sesame seeds until golden brown. Careful not to burn so roast over low heat.
- Using a pestle, gently press the seeds to release flavor.
- Combine sesame seeds, sugar and grated coconut meat. Set aside. NOTE: You may save some sesame seeds for toppings later.
- In a bowl, combine glutinous rice flour and water. Mix well until you produce a dough.
- Dough must be smooth but not watery, just enough so you can make a ball without it sticking to your hands.
- If dough is watery, add some flour and vice versa.
- Fill a sauteing pan, or any pan with water enough to cover the palitaw and make it float. Bring to boil.
- Form small balls using the dough and flatten them using your thumb to create an oval shape or any shape you want as long as they are flat.
- Drop each flatten ball into the boiling water and wait for it to float. Takes about less than a minute. Notice some palitaw are still at the bottom of the pan? This means they are not yet cooked
- SUGGESTION: Create balls and cook them right away. Balls left on a plate tends to break when pulled. Better to drop them in the boiling water right after you created the desired shape.
- Remove cooked palitaw from the boiling water draining as much liquid as possible. Coat them with the coconut mixture.
- If grated coconut meat is not available, a butter caramel sauce can also be used as a replacement for the sesame-coconut-sugar coating.
Source: My Twisted Recipes
Easy Related Posts
Easy Macapuno Tarts Recipe
Tarts are typically free-standing with firm pastry base consisting of dough, itself made of flour, ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more