- potatoes – 4medium
- garlic paste – 2tsp
- chili powder – 1tsp
- chopped spinach/dill – 1/2cup
- lemon juice/ dry mango powder – 1tsp
- corn flour – 2tbsp
- salt – as per taste
- oil – for shallow frying
- whole meal dinner rolls – as required
- salad slices/shavings of your choice (cucumber, avocado, carrot,tomato)
- lettuce leaves – as required
- mint /avocado spread – to spread
- Boil the potatoes, cool, peel and mash into a bowl.
- Add chilli powder, garlic paste, chopped spinach, salt, lemon juice and mix well to form a dough consistency.
- Divide the potato mixture to 8-10 equal portions and shape each portion into a cylindrical shape. Flatten to further shape into a rectangular stick (as flat it is helps to cook inside)
- Heat a non-stick tawa/griddle- grease some oil and place 4 of the patty sticks at a time, cook evenly both sides until golden brown . repeat with remaining sticks.
- This can be served as it is with green chutney/ketchup and salad.
To make dinner rolls:
- Toast dinner rolls in pre-heated oven/ grill for 4-5mins or as per the instruction.
- Slice down the center to fill.
- Add generous slathering of mint/avocado/ any spread of your choice.
- Place shallow fried patty, thinly sliced tomato, onion, cucumber or any salads of your choice.
- Finally top with lettuce and serve.
- Choose veggies as per your choice
- Drizzle some cheese / spread while toasting if preferred
- Can use bread for binding instead of corn flour for patties
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Papaitan(Beef Tripes ) Recipe
https://youtu.be/kQkcCwwCTAw Ingredients: Beef tripes and beef trimmings (boiled) Slice Ginger, Chili and Bay leaf Slice Onion ...read more
Pork and Beef Adobo with Beef Liver
Ingredients: 1 kilo beef1 kilo pork1/2 kilo beef liver1 clove garlic, minced2 cup wateratchueteground black peppersalt ...read more
King Cut Ribeye Steak Recipe
INGREDIENTS: 4 tablespoons olive oil divided Sea Salt Cracked black pepper 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped ...read more
Making tapa from scratch is easy and delicious, your family will want to eat this ...read more