Nothing spells a Filipino party quite like another one of the perennial potluck favorites: a giant bilao full of pancit Malabon. The thick rice noodles are the perfect starch for absorbing the rich and tasty flavor of the bright orange sauce of this recipe, which gets its vibrant color from achuete oil. There’s plenty of delicious toppings as well: tender rings of fresh squid, plump shrimps and sliced hard-boiled eggs for plenty of protein, garlic and green onions to add a little freshness to this savory dish, and of course the secret addition of fish sauce which adds a thickness and complements the seafood flavor of several elements of the pancit malabon. Squeeze a wee bit of calamansi over a plateful of this and top it with some crumbled chicharon, and you’ll have a dish that’s absolutely delightful to serve during festive occasions and huge family gatherings.
- 8 oz Thick Rice Noodles or Cornstarch Noodles
- 1 1/2 pound Shrimps, shelled and deveined, and cooked
- 1 1/2 pound Squid, head separated, body cleaned and sliced
- 3 tablespoons Achuete (Annato) Seeds
- 3-4 stalks Green Onions, sliced fine
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced and fried
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 5 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce or Patis
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 3-4 Eggs, boiled, shelled and cut in wedges
- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
- Boil the noodles in a water for 2-3 minutes or until the noodles are soft but not soggy. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- In a small pan, steep the achuete seeds on the heated oil to extract the color.
- Strain, and leave 1 tablespoon oil on the pan.
- Stir-fry the shrimps and squid for 1-2 minutes, then add a teaspoon of fish sauce. Set aside.
- Using a separate pan, boil the shrimp shells with the water for 3-4 minutes, strain and dispose the shells.
- Thicken with the cornstarch mixture and add the remaining achuete oil.
- Assemble on a plate in this order :Noodles
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Steam Yema Cake/Negosyo Recipes
https://youtu.be/6_WZydrb3UA Ingredients: 2 cups Flour 4 tbsp. Sugar 2 tbsp. Baking powder 1 tbsp. Oil ...read more
Fluffy Steam Milo Cheese Puto
https://youtu.be/Hlg1F1oeEvY Ingredients: 3 pcs. Sachet Milo Powder 3 pcs. Egg separate the white and egg ...read more
How to Make Original Puto Kutsinta Recipe
https://youtu.be/IJL-Th4qG6A Ingredients: 2 cups Cassava Flour 2 cups Flour 3 cups water 2 1/2 cups Brown ...read more
Milo Turon Recipe
https://youtu.be/u0DZPQtHx4g Ingredients: 5 – 10 pcs. Banana 1 Sachet Milo 10 – 20pcs. Lumpia Wrapper Oil ...read more