A comforting cupful that’s reminiscent of all the best elements of Chinese and Filipino cooking, molo soup is hearty—so filling that a large bowlful can be a meal on its own on a rainy day in the tropics—or serve as a delicious beginning to a wonderful meal with family and friends. First, the rich soup stock made from a native chicken, which will impart plenty of flavors and makes this recipe perfect for those who are feeling under the weather. This base is made even tastier with bay leaves and pepper, which complement the molo—those homey dumplings made from ground pork and chopped shrimp which make this cousin of the ubiquitous wonton soup quite the favorite in any household. If you have extra wrappers or eggs left in the kitchen, throw them into the soup, as they’ll add a silky, pasta-like element to it.
For soup stock:
- 1 large chicken (preferably native)
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
For Molo filling:
- 1/2 kilo ground pork
- 1/2 kilo shrimp, peeled and minced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 stalks green onion, minced
- soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 100 pieces Molo wrappers
- 1/2 head garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- green onion, chopped
- In a large pot, put together soup stock ingredients with water.
- Simmer till chicken is tender. Remove and shred. Discard bay leaf.
- In a bowl, combine molo filling ingredients except wrappers.
- Mix very well and wrap in the mole wrappers.
- Drop in boiling soup stock.
- In a pan, saute garlic, onion and shredded chicken.
- Add to soup stock.
- Season with patis and garnish with chopped green onion.
- Serve with biscocho. 10 portions.
H/T: Filipino Food
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Pinoy Pancake / Hotcake with Royal
https://youtu.be/RQmcMFYfE8g Ingredients: 2 cups of Flour 1 small Royal Soft drinks 1 cup of Water ...read more
How to Make Banana Steam Cupcake / Banana Puto
https://youtu.be/6CP9QoGXah0 Ingredients: 3 – 4 pcs. ripe Bananas 1/2 kg all-purpose flour 1 tbsp baking powder ...read more
Crispy Cheesy Hotdog (Bite Size Sandwich)
https://youtu.be/baNOLg7xqcs Ingredients: Hotdog Cheese White Bread/Tasty 1 Egg 1 cup Flour 2 cups Bread Crumbs Salt and Pepper Cooking Oil for Frying Procedures: Flattened the ...read more
How to Make Puto Cheese
https://youtu.be/jGm4qLWRqLA Ingredients: 2 cups flour 1 cup sugar 2 tbsp baking powder 3 pcs eggs 6 ounces evaporated milk 1 cup water 2 ...read more