- 4 wild salmon fillets
- ½ cup toasted and very finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup panko (or regular breadcrumbs, in a pinch)
- ¼ cup olive oil, no need to be exact but roughly this amount works great
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large pinch of salt
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a medium skillet. Add pecans, panko, parsley and salt and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Wash the salmon and remove scales from the skin. Make 3 small cuts across the skin side to prevent the skin from shrinking when it cooks. Dry salmon thoroughly. Season the skin with salt and pepper.
- Working with the salmon skin side down, mound the pecan mixture evenly across each piece. Drizzle olive oil over the pecan mixture on the salmon and press firmly on the mixture so that it has good contact with the salmon.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the salmon, pecan crust side down. Cook for 2 minutes or until the pecan crust has browned.
- Flip the salmon over and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, or until it light pink and flakes easily. Be careful not to overcook the salmon or it will become tough and chewy.
To remove the scales from the salmon skin, hold the salmon under cold running water and gently run a spoon or the blunt side of a knife over the skin until all scales are off.
Source: The Endless Meal
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more