- 1 k. tulingan, gutted and washed
- 1 tbsp. rock salt ( or sea salt )
- ¼ k. kamias fruit
- small red onion ( sibuyas Tagalog )
- 1 head garlic
- banana leaves
- Line bottom of a clay pot with banana leaves.
- Rub tulingan with rock salt and wrap with banana leaves.
- Place the onions, garlic kamias and pork fat at the bottom of the pot.
- Place wrapped tulingan on top. Pour in some water enough to cover the fish. Allow to simmer in slow fire. The tulingan is cooked if it is sardine like in consistency.
- Remove the fish from the pot. Do not throw away the remaining liquid. Strain. This will serve as a dip for the fish.
- Alternatively, one can use galunggong instead of tulingan.
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more