Pinakbet Tagalog is a Filipino vegetable dish. It is composed of a variety of vegetables and it also has a protein component. I made use of lechon kawali or crispy deep-fried pork belly for this recipe. This recipe is a variation of the popular Pinakbet Ilocano.
- 200 grams pork belly, sliced for frying
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tomato, chopped
- 1 bitter melon, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 eggplant, cut into pieces (diagonally)
- 2 cups squash, diced or sliced
- 8 pieces okra, each sliced diagonally into 2
- 3 tablespoons shrimp paste
- 1/4 teaspoon msg to taste
- 1 cup water
- In a pan, heat the cooking oil, saute garlic and onion until browned.
- Put the pork and cook until browned.
- Add tomatoes, shrimp paste and msg or vetsin then mix together.
- Put the squash, eggplant, bitter melon, okra and chili finger then mix together.
- Add msg, and water (mix well) then cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until vegetables cooked.(medium fire)
- Ready to serve with rice.
Source: Pinoy Chow Image: SMFC
Easy Related Posts
Ginisang Sayote Recipe
https://youtu.be/hjAd55MrcEc Ingredients 2 pcs sayote ( julienne cut) 1 pc small carrot ( julienne cut) 2 ...read more
Stir Fry Okra with Salted Eggs Recipe
https://youtu.be/by1ND-ViVuw Ingredients 3 bundle of okra 1 salted egg 3 clove garlic ½ tsp. Salt and ...read more
Potato Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/MqplGPOIf3k Ingredients Homemade Mayo Mustard Dressing (see recipes) ½ kg Potato (cut into bite size and ...read more
How to Make HOMEMADE Potato Mojos ala SHAKEYS MOJOS
https://youtu.be/zRi1MFbyYqU Ingredients 3 pcs Potato ( carefully wash and cut 1 inch thickness) 1½ pack of ...read more