- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup diced carrots (if frozen, run under warm water to thaw)
- 2 scallions, sliced, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups cooked long grain white rice (cold or room temp)
- 1/2 cup peas (if frozen, run under warm water to thaw)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 3 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- In a medium bowl, toss the cubed chicken with the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large sauté pan or wok over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Let the pan heat for 2 minutes then add the chicken and cook, stirring, until the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil then add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens, about 2 minutes. Add the carrots and cook 1 more minute until they’ve softened slightly.
- Stir in the scallions, rice, peas and chopped pineapple.
- Drizzle the rice with the soy sauce then stir to combine. Season the rice with salt and pepper and serve.