- 1 kilo pork belly or pork spareribs, skin on, cut into large cubes
- 3 pieces medium size potato, peeled, quartered
- 2 small size carrot, peeled, cut into wedges
- 2 medium size red/green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 long red chili, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 big can, canned coconut cream
- 1 small can sliced pineapple , cut into small wedges, reserved syrup
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. crushed peppercorns
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1-2 tsp. sugar
- cooking oil
- In a bowl marinate pork with the syrup from the canned pineapple and few dashesof salt for 20 to 30 minutes before cooking.
- In a sauce pan stir fry the pork in batches for 2 to 3 minutes or until seared on all side.
- Remove from pan and keep aside. In the same sauce pan sauté the garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add in the pork, crushed peppercorns and fish sauce, stir fry for 2 for 3 minutes.
- Pour in about 1 cup of water, the coconut cream, sugar and the pineapple juice and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally or until the pork are tender add more water as necessary.
- Add in the potatoes, simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes, then the carrots and continue to cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until the carrots and potatoes are cooked and sauce thickens.
- Correct saltines if required. Add the pineapple, the bell pepper and red chili.
- Cook for another minute. Serve hot.
Easy Related Posts
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more
Pork Sisig (Sour And Spicy Chopped Pork Belly, Ears And Liver) Recipe
Pork sisig is a popular Filipino dish. It can be considered as a main dish ...read more
Easy step to make Filipino Favorite Humba
Ingredients: 2 lb. bone-in pork belly (the cut of pork should be part lean meat, ...read more