Pork barbeque is one of the favorite dish during Filipino parties. Who could say no to this char-grilled pork bits on bamboo skewers? Commonly, this pork barbeque on sticks are found on street food in the Philippines. Lot of street corners have it available to buy and often sold by the piece or by the bundle and very affordable. The way of cooking it on charcoal gives the barbeque an addictive aroma while it is cooked in fire. Great viand with rice, but also served as pulutan. Packed with layers of flavor, each pork barbecue piece is thinly sliced in square inches. Each bite of it provides exceptional sweet, savory and spicy taste. Take one, and you can’t resist to grab another again and again. So try it yourself to satisfy your craving.
- 1 kilo pork cutlets ( or pork belly, cut thinly and into strips)
- garlic cloves, as much as you like, crushed and peeled
- red chillies, sliced
- ground pepper
- soy sauce
- 1 can Sprite or 7up
- Reserve 1/2 cup of marinade then add about 2 tablespoons ketchup, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, mix well, taste to see if it’s to your liking then add the meat pieces, massage a little with both hands then transfer to a covered plastic container and keep in the fridge. Let the meat marinate overnight. When it’s time to cook, soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 10 minutes before using.
- The best way to cook this is over charcoal grill but stove top grill will do just fine, it’s what I usually use because it’s faster and less hassle to set up for everyday meal. I only use outdoor grill for big batches of barbecue.
- To continue, brush the stove top grill with cooking oil and set over the stove; thread about 4-5 pieces of meat in a skewer while waiting for your grill to get hot. Lay the skewered meat on the grill and brush occasionally with the reserved marinade for basting. Cook until nicely browned or when the meat has caramelized. Best served with pancit bihon or canton or spaghetti with marinara sauce.
Source: Latest Recipes
Easy Related Posts
Nilagang Tinolang Manok
https://youtu.be/HlgPpNB3VHk Ingredients: Manok Papaya or Sayote Patatas Pechay Malunggay Patis Bawang Sibuyas Asin, Paminta at magic ...read more
Pork Pata Kare – Kare Recipe
https://youtu.be/h_oK-K_G6JI Ingredients 1 whole pork pata 1 pc. puso ng saging 2 bunches pechay 12 pcs. ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more
Sizzling Crispy Pork Sisig
https://youtu.be/2yfF_xdcPQ0 Ingredients ½ kilo Pork Face ( boiled and grilled) 1 pc red chili (labuyo) 1 ...read more