Pork barbeque is one of the favorite dish during Filipino parties. Who could say no to this char-grilled pork bits on bamboo skewers? Commonly, this pork barbeque on sticks are found on street food in the Philippines. Lot of street corners have it available to buy and often sold by the piece or by the bundle and very affordable. The way of cooking it on charcoal gives the barbeque an addictive aroma while it is cooked in fire. Great viand with rice, but also served as pulutan. Packed with layers of flavor, each pork barbecue piece is thinly sliced in square inches. Each bite of it provides exceptional sweet, savory and spicy taste. Take one, and you can’t resist to grab another again and again. So try it yourself to satisfy your craving.
- 1 kilo pork cutlets ( or pork belly, cut thinly and into strips)
- garlic cloves, as much as you like, crushed and peeled
- red chillies, sliced
- ground pepper
- soy sauce
- 1 can Sprite or 7up
- Reserve 1/2 cup of marinade then add about 2 tablespoons ketchup, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, mix well, taste to see if it’s to your liking then add the meat pieces, massage a little with both hands then transfer to a covered plastic container and keep in the fridge. Let the meat marinate overnight. When it’s time to cook, soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 10 minutes before using.
- The best way to cook this is over charcoal grill but stove top grill will do just fine, it’s what I usually use because it’s faster and less hassle to set up for everyday meal. I only use outdoor grill for big batches of barbecue.
- To continue, brush the stove top grill with cooking oil and set over the stove; thread about 4-5 pieces of meat in a skewer while waiting for your grill to get hot. Lay the skewered meat on the grill and brush occasionally with the reserved marinade for basting. Cook until nicely browned or when the meat has caramelized. Best served with pancit bihon or canton or spaghetti with marinara sauce.
Source: Latest Recipes
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Lumpiang Shanghai/Negosyo Recipes
https://youtu.be/EaM236WSOUo Ingredients: 1 kilo of Ground Pork 100 pcs. Lumpia wrapper 2 pcs. Carrot 2 pcs. ...read more
How to Cook Pata Humba Recipe
https://youtu.be/oLseB1GjHnU Also known as “braised pork belly” and one ...read more
How to Cook Crispy Pork Belly Recipe Using Turbo
https://youtu.be/-a1ia5v7PKk Ingredients: 2 kilos of Pork Belly Whole 3 pcs. Onions 1 Whole Garlic 3 pcs. ...read more
How to Cook Paksiw na Pata Recipe
https://youtu.be/UmxZ0kiXhpA Ingredients: Pork Legs/Pata 1 cup Vinegar 3 tbsp. Sugar 1 tbsp. Salt and 1 tsp. Pepper Chili Bay Leaf Onion Garlic Banana Shoots/Flower 2 cups ...read more