For the chicken :
- 1 whole chicken, about 1 kilo
- 2 whole onions
- 1 whole garlic
- 4 pcs 1″ chunks of ginger
- 5-6 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 cup of rock salt
For the sauce :
- 1 tbsp. finely minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. finely minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- salt to taste
- Peel the onions. Pierce the garlic in several places using a sharp, pointed knife. Rub the cavity of the chicken with rock salt. Stuff the cavity with the onions, garlic, ginger, peppercorns and bay leaf. Rub the skin with rock salt.
- Make the bed of rock salt. Pour enough rock salt, about an inch high, into a large, deep stainless steel casserole. Place the chicken on the bed of salt, breast side down, making sure that no part of the chicken touches the metal.
- Cover the casserole and cook over medium-low heat for 1 hour. If using a pressure-cooker, cook for 20 minutes counting from the time the valve starts to whistle.
- Do not uncover during cooking time. Meanwhile, prepare the dunking sauce. Stir the minced garlic and ginger with the olive oil. Season with salt (add more or less depending on your preference).
- When cooking time is up, insert a long, large fork into the chicken cavity to lift it without breaking. Transfer to a plate.
- Take about a tablespoonful of the olive oil from the sauce and brush the chicken all over. Serve hot.
Credit: Filipino Food
Easy Related Posts
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
Homemade Chicken Inasal
https://youtu.be/P71kkdbOrw8 Ingredients. 1 kg of chicken (leg and thigh, wings) 1/4 cup ketchup ¼ cup soy ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more