For the chicken :
- 1 whole chicken, about 1 kilo
- 2 whole onions
- 1 whole garlic
- 4 pcs 1″ chunks of ginger
- 5-6 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 cup of rock salt
For the sauce :
- 1 tbsp. finely minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. finely minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- salt to taste
- Peel the onions. Pierce the garlic in several places using a sharp, pointed knife. Rub the cavity of the chicken with rock salt. Stuff the cavity with the onions, garlic, ginger, peppercorns and bay leaf. Rub the skin with rock salt.
- Make the bed of rock salt. Pour enough rock salt, about an inch high, into a large, deep stainless steel casserole. Place the chicken on the bed of salt, breast side down, making sure that no part of the chicken touches the metal.
- Cover the casserole and cook over medium-low heat for 1 hour. If using a pressure-cooker, cook for 20 minutes counting from the time the valve starts to whistle.
- Do not uncover during cooking time. Meanwhile, prepare the dunking sauce. Stir the minced garlic and ginger with the olive oil. Season with salt (add more or less depending on your preference).
- When cooking time is up, insert a long, large fork into the chicken cavity to lift it without breaking. Transfer to a plate.
- Take about a tablespoonful of the olive oil from the sauce and brush the chicken all over. Serve hot.
Credit: Filipino Food
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Tinolang Manok Recipe
https://youtu.be/buJ0PyE4RUs Ingredients: 1 Kilo Chicken Garlic Onion 1/4 cup of Fish sauce Sayote or Papaya Chili ...read more
How to Cook Roasted Chicken
https://youtu.be/gaUGXorVwj8 Ingredients: Whole Chicken Lemon Grass Lemon juice Onion Garlic Chili Ginger Olive oil Fish Sauce 2 tbsp. Salt and 1 tbsp. Pepper 1 tbsp. Seasoning Powder Procedure: Wash ...read more
How to Cook Chicken Broccoli Recipe
https://youtu.be/BI4tFkYd4Js Ingredients: 1 kilo Chicken strips Broccoli Garlic slice dice Ginger slice dice 3 tbsp. Oyster sauce 2 tbsp. Sugar 1 tsp. Salt ...read more
How to Cook Jollibee style Fried Chicken / Negosyo Recipe
https://youtu.be/YW8i0sRr7rk Ingredients: 2 kilos Chicken Egg Garlic 12 pcs. Calamansi ½ cup Fish Sauce ½ kilo Flour 2 tbsp. Cornstarch 1 tsp. Seasoning powder 1 ...read more