- 2 lbs chicken breast, skin removed
- 11⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Thai small chile, chopped
- 2 tbsp coarsely ground roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp coconut vinegar
- 1 tsp annatto seeds
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the annatto seeds to the pan.
- Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes until the oil becomes rust-colored. Use a spoon to remove and discard the seeds.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. When the oil is smoking, add the chicken breast, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Brown the chicken breast on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set on a plate.
- Add the green onions (scallions), garlic, and chile to the pan. Sauté for 1 minute, being careful not to burn the vegetables.
- De-glaze the pan with rice wine and vinegar, scraping any browned bits off the bottom.
- Dissolve the rice flour in a large cup with the chicken broth. Add to the pan with the peanut butter and fish sauce.
- Return the chicken breasts to the pan. Simmer the chicken uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes until the sauce thickens and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and pour the sauce on top. Sprinkle the fresh coriander leaves (cilantro) and ground peanuts as a garnish.
Source: Mang Dagul’s Kusina 101
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more