- 1 kilo pork kasim , cubed
- 3 tbsp shrimp paste
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 thumb sized ginger, grated
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- chopped green and red peppers (as desired)
- Place the meat cubes in a bowl, pour in the vinegar. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil, saute onions and garlic. Stir in the meat. Let slightly brown.
- Add the shrimp paste.
- Pour in the coconut cream, sugar, bay leaves and half portion of grated ginger. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pork is tender and the coconut cream reduced. I used pork kasim (shoulder), its a tender part of pork and requires requires lesser time to cook.
- I did not add salt because the shrimp paste was salty enough. You may adjust the taste as preferred.
- When cooked, turn off the heat, then add the chopped chilis and the rest of the grated ginger.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!
Source: Pinoy Kitchenette
Image: Pinoy Kitchenette
Easy Related Posts
Nilagang Tinolang Manok
https://youtu.be/HlgPpNB3VHk Ingredients: Manok Papaya or Sayote Patatas Pechay Malunggay Patis Bawang Sibuyas Asin, Paminta at magic ...read more
Pork Pata Kare – Kare Recipe
https://youtu.be/h_oK-K_G6JI Ingredients 1 whole pork pata 1 pc. puso ng saging 2 bunches pechay 12 pcs. ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more
Sizzling Crispy Pork Sisig
https://youtu.be/2yfF_xdcPQ0 Ingredients ½ kilo Pork Face ( boiled and grilled) 1 pc red chili (labuyo) 1 ...read more