Now, what dish could be more welcome at a family meal than a hot serving of freshly-cooked pork caldereta? Imagine this hearty, fragrant stew which is a staple in every Filipino household: a bright tomato sauce enriched with savory liver spread, with chunks of succulent pork cooked until every piece is tender, a touch of pineapple juice added for a hint of sweetness to contrast with the added spice of chopped siling labuyo and hot sauce…with bell peppers and onions and plenty of sliced potatoes to make this a filling viand, it’s definitely something to look forward to at the end of a long day to help you feel at home again. With all that grated cheese on top as a final comforting flavor, how can anyone resist the deliciousness of a homemade plate of pork caldereta with plenty of fluffy white rice for lunch or dinner?
- 1 kilo pork with bones and skin, cut into serving pieces
- 2 medium size red/green bell pepper, cut into wedges
- 2 medium size potato, cut into wedges
- 1 small can liver spread
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. peppercorns, crushed
- 2 medium size onion, chopped
- 1/2 head garlic, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 2- 3 pcs. siling labuyo
- 3 bay leaf
- cooking oil
- In a large saucepan put pork add enough water to cover meat, boil quickly for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and discard liquid, rinse pork with running water to remove all scum, drain and keep aside.
- Using same saucepan, sauté garlic and onion, add meat and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, hot sauce and stir cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in pineapple juice, 6-8 cups of water, ground peppercorns and bay leaf bring to a boil and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until pork are tender, add more water as necessary.
- Add potatoes and continue to simmer for 3-5 minutes or potatoes are cook and just enough sauce remains.
- Add liver spread, cheddar cheese and siling labuyo, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and season with salt to taste, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cornstarch diluted in 1/2 cup of water and stir cook until sauce thicken.
- Serve hot.
Source: overseas pinoy cooking
Easy Related Posts
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a ...read more
Nilagang Tinolang Manok
https://youtu.be/HlgPpNB3VHk Ingredients: Manok Papaya or Sayote Patatas Pechay Malunggay Patis Bawang Sibuyas Asin, Paminta at magic ...read more
Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
https://youtu.be/Z2cH4bmE-os Ingredients ½ kg ground pork 1 pc carrot 1 pc onion diced 5 cloves garlic ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more