Well, pork stew is a common dish for every Filipino recipe. Most events like fiestas, weddings, Christening, Christmas or New year, and even birthday’s, this recipe is always included to Filipino cook’s repertoire. Pork Estofado is perfect for a hearty dish to feed plenty of people, or filling one that’s perfect for celebrations without too much fuss or complications. Pork stew is always a ready crowd-pleaser that everyone is bound to eat. This variation is so simple that requires only soy sauce and a little bit of brown sugar to add flavor to soft pork tenderloin. Flavored with fried plantain bananas, green peas and carrots also add freshness to the dish. One good tip for you, its secret is to overnight marinate the meat with soy sauce and pepper to ensure that it absorbs all that flavor, as well as the later addition of star anise and bay leaf. This spices can make a huge difference in the final result. So have this recipe for your next occasion, or perhaps your next meal, and surely you’ll have whipped up a plateful to put a smile on everyone’s faces in no time.
- 1/2 kilo pork tenderloin or belly cut into cubes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 star anise (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 plantain bananas cut in bite size, fried
- 1 small carrot cut in bite size
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup soy sauce for marinating
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3-4 tbsp brown sugar
- pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- enough water to cover the meat
- Marinate pork with soy sauce and black pepper for at least 1 hour (overnight is preferred.)
- Slice plantain bananas into half or bite size and fry until all sides are light brown. Do not over fried. Set aside.
- After marinating, sear the pork in a hot pan until all sides are brown. Remove the oil and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a new cooking oil. Saute the onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Pour in soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, bay leaves, star anise, and water enough to cover the meat. Bring to boil and simmer over low heat until the pork is tender.
- Put the fried pork back and stir for a few minutes.
- When pork is tender, add the carrots, green peas and fried plantain bananas. Simmer for few minutes until carrots are tender. Pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
Recipe Source here
Easy Related Posts
Sizzling Crispy Pork Sisig
https://youtu.be/2yfF_xdcPQ0 Ingredients ½ kilo Pork Face ( boiled and grilled) 1 pc red chili (labuyo) 1 ...read more
Crispy Pata with Special Sauce
https://youtu.be/_b_A8pMRD90 Ingredients. 1 Whole Pork Leg/ Pata 2 pcs. Slice Onion 7 cloves of Slice Garlic ...read more
Giniling na Menudo (Ground Pork Menudo)
https://youtu.be/SLi-zkK4iLE Ingredients: ½ kilo of Ground Pork 1 big Carrots (Slice dice) 1 big Potato ...read more
Homemade Tocino/ Negosyo Recipe with Costing
https://youtu.be/n3M7-ogaNUo Ingredients: 1 Kilo of Pork Loin/Lomo Few of Red food Coloring 1/2 Cup Brown ...read more