- 2½ pounds pork ribs (side ribs preferred but back ribs would work great too)
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 large onion, finely minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 – 28-ounce cans of crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups cider, white wine or sparkling wine
- a small handful of parsley (about 1 ounce)
- 5 thyme branches
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (or a few sprigs of fresh rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon sage (or a few fresh sage leaves)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cans of beans (any kind will work)
- salt and pepper
- 2 packages of pre-washed baby spinach
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat. Season the ribs with a sprinkle of salt. Working in batches so you don’t crowd the pan, brown the ribs on all sides. Remove all the ribs from the pot.
- Add the remaining oil and onion and cook, stirring often, until the onion is brown. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and scrape the bottom of the pot with your wooden spoon to remove any of the tasty browned spots. Add the cider, wine or bubbles, parsley, thyme, rosemary, sage and bay leaves. Add the pork back to the pot, ensuring that it is in a single layer, standing the ribs on their ends if need be.
- Cook, covered, over very low heat for 3-4 hours, or until the ribs are very tender. You’ll want to keep the ribs at a very low simmer.
- Once the ribs are tender remove the pot from the heat. Remove the parsley, thyme sprigs and bay leaves and discard.
- Return to heat, add the beans and heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve: place a few handfuls of spinach in each bowl and top with the stew.
- Enjoy with a big glass of red wine!
Easy Related Posts
Nilagang Tinolang Manok
https://youtu.be/HlgPpNB3VHk Ingredients: Manok Papaya or Sayote Patatas Pechay Malunggay Patis Bawang Sibuyas Asin, Paminta at magic ...read more
Pork Pata Kare – Kare Recipe
https://youtu.be/h_oK-K_G6JI Ingredients 1 whole pork pata 1 pc. puso ng saging 2 bunches pechay 12 pcs. ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more
Sizzling Crispy Pork Sisig
https://youtu.be/2yfF_xdcPQ0 Ingredients ½ kilo Pork Face ( boiled and grilled) 1 pc red chili (labuyo) 1 ...read more