- 8 cups of water
- 8 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 knob of ginger, crushed
- 4 pieces of bay leaves
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoonn whole peppercorns
- 1 pound pig ears
- 1½ pounds pork belly
- 1/2 pound chicken liver
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 whole egg per serving, raw
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise per serving (if using)
- 1 piece lime or lemon (or 3 to 5 pieces calamansi)
- 1 whole chilli pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a stockpot over high heat. Add garlic, ginger, bay leaves, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Put the pig’s ears and pork belly in the boiling water and simmer for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove the boiled ingredients from the pot and drain the excess water.
- Pan fry the boiled pork belly for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crunchy.
- Broil or grill the boiled pig ears for 10 minutes or until grill or broil marks are present.
- Broil or grill the chicken liver for 10 minutes or until well-done.
- Chop the pig ears, pork belly and liver into fine pieces.
- Combine all the chopped meat and liver. Mix in soy sauce and pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir fry the chopped meat and liver for 5 minutes. (Skip this step if using a hot sizzling plate.)
- Put the mix in a hot (sizzling) plate or a serving platter.
- Top with onions, green onions and raw egg or mayonnaise.
- Garnish with, chilli pepper and a slice of lemon or lime.
- Serve hot.
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Ingredients: 1/2 cup of pork belly (cut into strips) 1/4 cup of minced pork 1 ...read more
Easy step to make Filipino Favorite Humba
Ingredients: 2 lb. bone-in pork belly (the cut of pork should be part lean meat, ...read more
Easy step to make All time Favorite Adobong Baboy Na Tuyo
Ingredients: 500g pork liempo, cut into 2-inch chunks 2 tbsp. oil 3-4 cloves garlic 200g ...read more