Pork sisig is a popular Filipino dish. It can be considered as a main dish or an appetizer. The composition of this dish is mainly of pig’s parts such as minced pork meat, ears, and face. Chicken liver, onions, and chili peppers are also added.
- 8 cups of water
- 8 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 knob of ginger, crushed
- 4 pieces of bay leaves
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoonn whole peppercorns
- 1 pound pig ears
- 1½ pounds pork belly
- 1/2 pound chicken liver
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 whole egg per serving, raw
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise per serving (if using)
- 1 piece lime or lemon (or 3 to 5 pieces calamansi)
- 1 whole chilli pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a stockpot over high heat. Add garlic, ginger, bay leaves, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Put the pig’s ears and pork belly in the boiling water and simmer for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove the boiled ingredients from the pot and drain the excess water.
- Pan fry the boiled pork belly for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crunchy.
- Broil or grill the boiled pig ears for 10 minutes or until grill or broil marks are present.
- Broil or grill the chicken liver for 10 minutes or until well-done.
- Chop the pig ears, pork belly and liver into fine pieces.
- Combine all the chopped meat and liver. Mix in soy sauce and pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir fry the chopped meat and liver for 5 minutes. (Skip this step if using a hot sizzling plate.)
- Put the mix in a hot (sizzling) plate or a serving platter.
- Top with onions, green onions and raw egg or mayonnaise.
- Garnish with, chilli pepper and a slice of lemon or lime.
- Serve hot.
Easy Related Posts
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more
Easy step to make Filipino Favorite Humba
Ingredients: 2 lb. bone-in pork belly (the cut of pork should be part lean meat, ...read more
Easy step to make All time Favorite Adobong Baboy Na Tuyo
Adobong Baboy Na Tuyo or Dry Pork Adobo is just as delicious as the standard ...read more