- 3 russet potatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- Coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 large eggs
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko
- About 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- Yellow-Pepper Remoulade
- Put potatoes into a saucepan, and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, and add 1 tablespoon salt. Reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain, and let cool slightly. While potatoes are warm, peel and pass through a ricer or a food mill.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until golden, about 15 minutes. Add onion to potatoes. Stir in 2 eggs, salt, and pepper. Let cool.
- Put flour, remaining 2 eggs, and panko into 3 separate dishes. Lightly beat eggs. For each croquette, scoop out 2 tablespoons potato mixture, then shape into an oval. Dredge in flour, coat with egg, then roll in panko. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with remaining potato mixture. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours (or overnight).
- In a large cast-iron skillet or a medium saucepan, heat vegetable oil to 350. Fry croquettes in batches (do not overcrowd skillet) until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn croquettes occasionally as they cook to brown evenly on all sides. Drain on paper towels. Season with salt. Serve with remoulade.
Easy Related Posts
Special Pancit Canton Recipe
Pancit Canton it is a type of Lo Mein or tossed noodles known as flour ...read more
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more
Cheesy Pandesal Recipe
This is because the famous bread originated from a need to turn to innovation when ...read more
New Recipes (Easy Bake Puto Bumbong)
https://youtu.be/WGMaZEPHOh8 Ingredients: ½ kilo of Glutinous Flour 2 tbsp. violet food color 1 and 1/2 cup ...read more