- 3 russet potatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- Coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 large eggs
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko
- About 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- Yellow-Pepper Remoulade
- Put potatoes into a saucepan, and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, and add 1 tablespoon salt. Reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain, and let cool slightly. While potatoes are warm, peel and pass through a ricer or a food mill.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until golden, about 15 minutes. Add onion to potatoes. Stir in 2 eggs, salt, and pepper. Let cool.
- Put flour, remaining 2 eggs, and panko into 3 separate dishes. Lightly beat eggs. For each croquette, scoop out 2 tablespoons potato mixture, then shape into an oval. Dredge in flour, coat with egg, then roll in panko. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with remaining potato mixture. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours (or overnight).
- In a large cast-iron skillet or a medium saucepan, heat vegetable oil to 350. Fry croquettes in batches (do not overcrowd skillet) until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn croquettes occasionally as they cook to brown evenly on all sides. Drain on paper towels. Season with salt. Serve with remoulade.
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Banana Steam Cupcake / Banana Puto
https://youtu.be/6CP9QoGXah0 Ingredients: 3 – 4 pcs. ripe Bananas 1/2 kg all-purpose flour 1 tbsp baking powder ...read more
How to Make Pizza Puto
https://youtu.be/_GZikd3-GFA Ingredients: 2 cups flour 1 cup sugar 2 tbsp baking powder 2 pcs eggs 6 ...read more
How to Make Puto Cheese
https://youtu.be/jGm4qLWRqLA Ingredients: 2 cups flour1 cup sugar2 tbsp baking powder3 pcs eggs6 ounces evaporated milk1 cup water2 ...read more
How to Cook Butchi with Nutella
https://youtu.be/Urc2fG_ef8k Ingredients: ¾ cup water¾ cup brown sugar3 cups Glutinous rice flour1 Nutella½ cup sesame seeds1tbsp. VanillaCooking oil Procedures: Dissolved the ¾ cup brown sugar in ...read more