This comfort food is the perfect foil for virtually every savory sauce there is and is welcomed by diners of every age, from the pickiest kids to the most sophisticated adult diners. It fits in perfectly in every gathering, whether you need to make an appetizer for a festive occasion or simply want to prepare something for merienda that’s a little bit different. Potato croquettes, beloved for their starchy goodness, are made better here with the addition of onion to add another layer of flavor.
The crunchy panko keeps the potato mash moist instead, while creating a delightful crispness that works perfectly with the recommended remoulade here, but can also be just as tasty with garlic mayo or honey mustard dips. Serve them with a variety of sauces and dips to keep your family and friends’ taste buds tickled—this is easy to prepare in a jiffy!
- 3 russet potatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- Coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 large eggs
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko
- About 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- Yellow-Pepper Remoulade
- Put potatoes into a saucepan, and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, and add 1 tablespoon salt. Reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain, and let cool slightly. While potatoes are warm, peel and pass through a ricer or a food mill.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until golden, about 15 minutes. Add onion to potatoes. Stir in 2 eggs, salt, and pepper. Let cool.
- Put flour, remaining 2 eggs, and panko into 3 separate dishes. Lightly beat eggs. For each croquette, scoop out 2 tablespoons potato mixture, then shape into an oval. Dredge in flour, coat with egg, then roll in panko. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with remaining potato mixture. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours (or overnight).
- In a large cast-iron skillet or a medium saucepan, heat vegetable oil to 350. Fry croquettes in batches (do not overcrowd skillet) until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn croquettes occasionally as they cook to brown evenly on all sides. Drain on paper towels. Season with salt. Serve with remoulade.
Easy Related Posts
How to Make HOMEMADE Potato Mojos ala SHAKEYS MOJOS
https://youtu.be/zRi1MFbyYqU Ingredients 3 pcs Potato ( carefully wash and cut 1 inch thickness) 1½ pack of ...read more
No Bake - Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
https://youtu.be/dsTRwwQa6DI Ingredients 2 ripe Banana ¼ cup Melted Butter 4 tbsp. Condensed Milk 4 tbsp. Brown ...read more
How to Cook Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Nutella
https://youtu.be/juvLtJufyCA Ingredients: White Bread Nutella Margarine Shredded Cheese Procedure: Spread nutella on bread and roll it. Heat ...read more
Crispy Cheesy Hotdog (Bite Size Sandwich)
https://youtu.be/baNOLg7xqcs Ingredients: Hotdog Cheese White Bread/Tasty 1 Egg 1 cup Flour 2 cups Bread Crumbs Salt and Pepper Cooking Oil for Frying Procedures: Flattened the ...read more