- ½ cup shortening
- 2 cups warm milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup mashed potatoes
- 3 (1/4 ounce) packets active dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, stir together the shortening, warm milk, sugar, and mashed potatoes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Add to ingredients in the bowl.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt onto a piece of wax paper or parchment paper.
- Stir the eggs into the mashed potato/yeast mixture. As you stir them in, gradually start adding the flour mixture.
- Once everything is mixed together well, cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Either let dough rise at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours (if you want to bake that day) or let dough rise overnight in refrigerator. Since this dough makes enough for about 3 dozen rolls, I typically section out ⅓ of the dough to rise at room temperature and put the rest in the refrigerator. (It will keep a good 3-5 days.)
- Once dough has doubled in bulk, shape it into balls a little bigger than a golf ball and place in a greased cake pan. Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until golden brown, about 15 to 18 minutes.
Easy Related Posts
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more
BANANA RHUM-A Turon | Patok na Negosyo Recipe
https://youtu.be/i3bHFcJoY3A Ingredients: Saba Banana Lumpia wrapper 1/4 cup of margarine 2 tbsp Banana flavor 1 tbsp ...read more
New Recipes (Easy Bake Puto Bumbong)
https://youtu.be/WGMaZEPHOh8 Ingredients: ½ kilo of Glutinous Flour 2 tbsp. violet food color 1 and 1/2 cup ...read more
Crinkles Negosyo Recipe
https://youtu.be/Govy9h9tc-k Ingredients: 1/2 cup Melted Chocolate 1 cup Cocoa powder 2 cup All-purpose flour 1 cup ...read more