- ½ cup shortening
- 2 cups warm milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup mashed potatoes
- 3 (1/4 ounce) packets active dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, stir together the shortening, warm milk, sugar, and mashed potatoes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Add to ingredients in the bowl.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt onto a piece of wax paper or parchment paper.
- Stir the eggs into the mashed potato/yeast mixture. As you stir them in, gradually start adding the flour mixture.
- Once everything is mixed together well, cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Either let dough rise at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours (if you want to bake that day) or let dough rise overnight in refrigerator. Since this dough makes enough for about 3 dozen rolls, I typically section out ⅓ of the dough to rise at room temperature and put the rest in the refrigerator. (It will keep a good 3-5 days.)
- Once dough has doubled in bulk, shape it into balls a little bigger than a golf ball and place in a greased cake pan. Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until golden brown, about 15 to 18 minutes.
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Pinoy Pancake / Hotcake with Royal
https://youtu.be/RQmcMFYfE8g Ingredients: 2 cups of Flour 1 small Royal Soft drinks 1 cup of Water ...read more
How to Make Banana Steam Cupcake / Banana Puto
https://youtu.be/6CP9QoGXah0 Ingredients: 3 – 4 pcs. ripe Bananas 1/2 kg all-purpose flour 1 tbsp baking powder ...read more
Crispy Cheesy Hotdog (Bite Size Sandwich)
https://youtu.be/baNOLg7xqcs Ingredients: Hotdog Cheese White Bread/Tasty 1 Egg 1 cup Flour 2 cups Bread Crumbs Salt and Pepper Cooking Oil for Frying Procedures: Flattened the ...read more
How to Make Puto Cheese
https://youtu.be/jGm4qLWRqLA Ingredients: 2 cups flour 1 cup sugar 2 tbsp baking powder 3 pcs eggs 6 ounces evaporated milk 1 cup water 2 ...read more