- 12-15 pieces, prawns, peeled
- 1 sole fillet, cubed to bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter (oh, I would say 1/4 cup, maybe a bit more)
- 1 very small red onion, minced (Hubby hates onions, that’s why I’m only
- putting a teeny weeny portion here)
- 1/3 cup Vodka
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- Dried Basil (maybe a teaspoon)
- Fresh parsley, snipped into little pieces
- In a non-stick skillet, heat butter. Add in the sole fillet, turn the fish over after a minute.
- In the same pan, add the prawns, toss for about a minute. Season to taste.
- Remove the prawns and sole fillet. Leave the juices in the pan. Set the prawns and the sole fillets aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion with the remainder of the butter. Add a bit more butter if the pan has become too dry.
- Deglaze the pan with the vodka. Add the cream and let bubble until about half of the sauce has reduced. (At this point, I think adding a tablespoon of dijon mustard might work too, for an extra layer of flavor)
- Add the prawns and the sole fillet. Mix and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the basil (fresh is better, but I didn’t have any) and parsley. Lots of parsley.
- Serve piping hot.
Source: Le fang, le kwatsa
Easy Related Posts
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more
How to Cook Filipino Style Seafood Paella
https://youtu.be/YK9CDkrzY_Y Ingredients ¼ kilo mussel (pre-cooked) ¼ kilo clam shells (pre-cooked) ¼ kilo squid ¼ cup ...read more
HomeSeafood RecipesCalamares with Beer Recipe Calamares with Beer Recipe
https://youtu.be/1o4Ij7FfYxo Ingredients. 2 Big or ½ kilo Squid cut into Ring 1 cup flour 1/2 cup ...read more