- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved, sliced
- 6 shortcut bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 250g dried spaghetti
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- Toasted pine nuts, fresh basil leaves and finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan or flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add onion, bacon and pumpkin. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add garlic and thyme. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken stock and 2 cups cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Add spaghetti. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until pasta and broccoli are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat. Remove and discard the thyme sprigs. Stir in cream. Season with salt and pepper. Serve pasta sprinkled with pine nuts, basil leaves and parmesan.
Easy Related Posts
Kakaibang Pwedeng Gawing Negosyo Pasta Crispy Crackers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-yrFTIsHE Ingredients 200g Macaroni Pasta 2 Liter Water Salt 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour 3 Tbsp Cornstarch ...read more
Spaghetti with Meatballs
https://youtu.be/0-baNrJjb5Y Ingredients: 250 grams ground pork or beef 500 grams spaghetti pasta ( cook according to ...read more
How to Cook Lomi Recipe
https://youtu.be/cWkfo5U_5NY Ingredients. ¼ kilo of Pork/Pork Liver 1 big slice White onion 7 cloves slice Garlic ...read more
How to Cook Canton Bihon Recipe
https://youtu.be/QiOMyu2CKOc Ingredients: ½ kilo pancit bihon ½ Canton Noodles / Egg Noodles ¼ kilo Chicken Strips ...read more