- 1 whole coconut
- 3 ¾ cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp all spice
- Shell the coconut.
- Using a vegetable peeler (or a mandolin grater), shave the coconut into long strips and set aside.
- In a medium sized, heavy bottom saucepan, add the water to the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the vanilla, spices and coconut and increase the heat to high.
- Let it go to a rolling boil for about 30-45 minutes, until the sugar syrup has reduced by about 2/3.
- Preheat the oven to 275F.
- Remove the strips of coconut with tongs, allowing excess syrup to drip off. Place on a foil lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until the coconut has browned and caramelized.
- Remove immediately from the sheet pans and place candy on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight jar.
Source : The Hungry Buddha
Easy Related Posts
Tofu Sisig Recipe
https://youtu.be/cfjybFwwpio Ingredients 6 pcs Tokwa/ Tofu (dice) 1 pc white onion ( dice) 3 cloves garlic ...read more
Egg Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/8u-5KpGPve4 Ingredients 8 pcs Boiled egg ½ cup mayonnaise 1 pc red bell pepper ( small ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more
Super Easy Yema Spread
https://youtu.be/w0Lvzip2tUw Ingredients: 2 pcs. Egg Yolks 1 can of Condensed Milk 1 pack of Cream ...read more