Puto is one of the most famous Pinoy delicacies. It may have been derived from the Indian dish Puttu, but the Filipinos have mastered the art of making their own versions of it: bumbong, kutsinta, seco, name it!
Steamed to perfection, this soft and moist rice cake can be served plain, with cheese toppings, or dipped in its equally famous partner dinuguan. Now you can enjoy your parties, fiestas, or even your meriendas with this easy Puto (Steamed Rice Cake) recipe!
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooked rice
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Oil for brushing pans
- Cheese, sliced into small pieces (optional)
- Wash rice and soak in water for at least 5 hours; add the cooked rice.
- Pour the soaked rice in the blender and add some water used for soaking until it reaches the level of the rice. Blend for 1 1/2 minutes only.
- Pour into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients; mix until smooth. Strain mixture into another bowl.
- Brush muffin pans with oil then pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into each muffin well. Place muffin pan in a steamer and steam over high heat for about 15 minutes. Make sure that you don’t open the steamer during the cooking process.
Source : Home Cooking & Baking
Easy Related Posts
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more
Cheesy Pandesal Recipe
https://youtu.be/8-GKJmmLCpA Ingredients: 4 cups of Flour Cheese for fillings ¼ cup of butter 2 pcs. Eggs ...read more
How to Make PUTONG BIGAS
https://youtu.be/Shn6SqCqx5k INGREDIENTS: 4 cups of rice flour 1 and 1/2 cups of white sugar 2 tsp ...read more
How to Make Kalabasa Dunot Recipe (Healthy Meryenda)
https://youtu.be/LFpiJtsZ1zk Ingredients: ½ whole slice of Kalabasa 1 cup of Powder milk 1 cup Sugar 2 ...read more