- 1 large capon about 2.5 kilos
- 2 tsps. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. MSG
- Mayonnaise or butter for basting
- Dress the chicken, wash, and drain well. Combine salt, pepper, and MSG. Rub the capon with this mixture. Line a shallow rectangular pan with aluminum foil and place the capon in it breast side up Lift each wing up and out facing the tips back to rest flat against the neck akimbo-style.
- Preheat the oven to 375 deg F Cover capon loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 1-1/2 hours or until tender. About 25 minutes before capon is finally cooked, remove foil and baste all around with margarine
- Bake until golden brown. Serve with chicken gravy.
- Get 3 tbsps. drippings from pan and transfer to a saucepan.
- Place over low heat and blend in 1/4 cup all-purpose flour while stirring. Add 1/8 tsp paprika.
- Add 2 cups chicken broth.
- Season with 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper and 2 tsps.Worcestershire sauce.
Continue cooking until it thickens.
Source: Fililipino Food
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more