- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into ½ tablespoon pieces
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut off very top of garlic head. Drizzle olive oil into garlic and wrap in foil. Place in oven for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven, cover with water, and add 1 teaspoon salt to water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain well.
- Place half-and-half in Dutch oven and heat over medium heat until warm. Remove from heat and add potatoes. Add butter pieces.
- Squeeze garlic from skins into Dutch oven. Add remaining salt and the pepper. Mash well with a potato masher.
- Mix in bacon and green onions.
Source: Spicy Southern Kitchen
Easy Related Posts
Tofu Sisig Recipe
https://youtu.be/cfjybFwwpio Ingredients 6 pcs Tokwa/ Tofu (dice) 1 pc white onion ( dice) 3 cloves garlic ...read more
Egg Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/8u-5KpGPve4 Ingredients 8 pcs Boiled egg ½ cup mayonnaise 1 pc red bell pepper ( small ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more
Super Easy Yema Spread
https://youtu.be/w0Lvzip2tUw Ingredients: 2 pcs. Egg Yolks 1 can of Condensed Milk 1 pack of Cream ...read more