For the Meringue
- 1 cup egg whites ( 7-8 eggs)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups cashew nuts, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Buttercream (Mousseline Buttercream)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 eggyolks ( or use 3 whole eggs)
- 1 cup butter
- butter, about 3 tablespoons; softened for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees or 180 C degrees.
- Grease three 9×13 baking trays with softened butter ( I use a paper napkin to make it easier to spread), line with tray with parchment paper then grease and flour the paper.
- Ground one cup of cashew nuts finely; then coarsely chop the other cup of cashew nuts and divide it into 6 portions.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat egg whites and a pinch of salt until frothy then gradually add 1 cup of sugar and continue beating until stiff but not dry. Stir in the vanilla extract and fold in the finely ground cashew nuts (one cup). Divide the egg white mixture (meringue) among the 3 trays, spreading it thinly and evenly. Bake until lightly browned, about 25-30 minutes. Immediately remove baked meringue from the tray and cool on wire racks.
- While the cake is cooling..
- Make the Mousseline Buttercream:
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan, stirring gently with your finger to dissolve the sugar, make sure though that no sugar sticks to the side of the pan to avoid crystallization. Bring sugar mixture to a rapid boil ( threadlike consistency). Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks ( or whole eggs) until frothy ( use whip attachment of your mixer).
- Pour the boiled sugar syrup into the egg yolks gradually, put the speed of your mixer to high.
- Beat until the mixture has cooled then add butter ( room temperature), one tablespoon at a time, beat until creamy and smooth. Divide buttercream into 6 portions.
Assembling the Cake:
- Cut each meringue into 2 making a total of 6 meringue layers.
- Place one layer of meringue on a platter, spread with one part of buttercream and sprinkle with 1 portion of the coarsely chopped cashew nuts. Repeat this step until all the layers are used up. Chill cake until ready to serve; cut into squares.
Easy Related Posts
New Recipes (Easy Bake Puto Bumbong)
https://youtu.be/WGMaZEPHOh8 Ingredients: ½ kilo of Glutinous Flour 2 tbsp. violet food color 1 and 1/2 cup ...read more
Chocolate Cake in a Cup | Negosyo Recipes
https://youtu.be/Hk6wFqaxPXE Ingredients 2 cups all purpose flour ¾ cup cocoa powder 1½ teaspoon baking powder 1½ ...read more
How to Make Coffee Jelly Flan Overload in a CUP
https://youtu.be/Wn9qwqfa27o Ingredients 3 cups water 1 pack (25g) unflavored yellow gelatin powder 1 big can (300ml) ...read more
How to Make HOMEMADE Caramel Bread Pudding | No OVEN BAKED | Using Leftover Pandesal
https://youtu.be/xgpGBfv-u1o Ingredients 10 pcs. Leftover pandesal 6 pcs. large eggs ½ cup condensed milk 370ml evaporated ...read more