- 1 1/2 cup Glutinous or Sweet Rice Flour
- 1 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 cups Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Anise Seed
- Red, Yellow, Purple Food Color
- 1/4 cup Ube Powder or Purple Yam Powder (optional)
- 2 cups Shredded Dried Coconut
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- Mix together the sweet and regular rice flours, sugar and coconut milk, strain until flour is dissolved.
- Divide the mix into 4, about 1 1/4 cup each bowl.
- Using yellow food color, put about 8-10 drops on one of the bowls, and mix in 1/4 tsp anise seed. Set aside.
- Put about 8-10 drops red food color in one of the bowls, then add 1/4 tsp. anise seed. Set aside.
- Measure 1/4 cup powdered Ube and dissolve in one of the bowls, and add 4-5 drops purple food color. Set aside.
- Add the coconut cream to the last bowl to make it pearly white.
- Set the steamer, then prepare 2 pieces 6-inch aluminum foils by brushing the bottom and sides with oil.
- Starting with purple, pour half of the mix on each of the foils, steam for 7-8 minutes or until set.
- Then pour yellow, and cook for 7-8 minutes, same with the red and lastly the white.
- Separately on a shallow pan, toast the shredded coconut until golden brown, then cool down a bit and grind coarsely.
- To assemble, invert the cooked sapin-sapin cake on a serving plate, divide in 8 and top with coconut bits on center of each slice. Serve extra toasted coconut on the side.
Easy Related Posts
Easy Macapuno Tarts Recipe
Tarts are typically free-standing with firm pastry base consisting of dough, itself made of flour, ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more