- 1 1/2 cup Glutinous or Sweet Rice Flour
- 1 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 cups Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Anise Seed
- Red, Yellow, Purple Food Color
- 1/4 cup Ube Powder or Purple Yam Powder (optional)
- 2 cups Shredded Dried Coconut
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- Mix together the sweet and regular rice flours, sugar and coconut milk, strain until flour is dissolved.
- Divide the mix into 4, about 1 1/4 cup each bowl.
- Using yellow food color, put about 8-10 drops on one of the bowls, and mix in 1/4 tsp anise seed. Set aside.
- Put about 8-10 drops red food color in one of the bowls, then add 1/4 tsp. anise seed. Set aside.
- Measure 1/4 cup powdered Ube and dissolve in one of the bowls, and add 4-5 drops purple food color. Set aside.
- Add the coconut cream to the last bowl to make it pearly white.
- Set the steamer, then prepare 2 pieces 6-inch aluminum foils by brushing the bottom and sides with oil.
- Starting with purple, pour half of the mix on each of the foils, steam for 7-8 minutes or until set.
- Then pour yellow, and cook for 7-8 minutes, same with the red and lastly the white.
- Separately on a shallow pan, toast the shredded coconut until golden brown, then cool down a bit and grind coarsely.
- To assemble, invert the cooked sapin-sapin cake on a serving plate, divide in 8 and top with coconut bits on center of each slice. Serve extra toasted coconut on the side.
Easy Related Posts
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a ...read more
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more
Cheesy Pandesal Recipe
https://youtu.be/8-GKJmmLCpA Ingredients: 4 cups of Flour Cheese for fillings ¼ cup of butter 2 pcs. Eggs ...read more