- 1 dozen clams, soaked and scrubbed
- 1 cod filet, cut into large chunks
- ½ lb shrimp, deveined, peeled. Peels saved.
- 4-6 large scallops
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 5 medium potatoes, cut into quarters
- fresh dill and parsley
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- In a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven, melt butter, add shrimp shells and sauté for a minute until the flavor is released.
- Add half the fennel, half the onion, garlic, fennel seed and cook until the vegetables are slightly soft.
- Stir in tomato paste, add wine and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a mesh sieve, then return the stock back to the pot, add the rest of the fennel and onion, potatoes and red pepper flakes. This is a good time to add salt. Cook until potatoes are soft.
- Time to add seafood. Add clams, cover and cook until the shells open. Then add shrimp and stir. Gently nestle fish and scallops, cover the pot again and simmer until the fish is cooked, another 5 minutes or so. Do not stir or you will break up the fish.
- Taste for salt, add fresh herbs and serve.
Easy Related Posts
Crunchy Sardines Roll Recipes
https://youtu.be/DfHLHTdSOko Ingredients: 2 Sardines Bread Crumbs ½ cup Flour Egg Oil 1 tsp. Salt, Pepper and ...read more
How to cook Sweet N Sour Fish Recipe
https://youtu.be/XwzJBlZoCBo Ingredients: Fish Ginger Onion Garlic ¼ cup Tomato Ketchup 2 tbsp. Vinegar Sugar Salt and ...read more
Pinangat na Galunggong sa Palayok Recipe
https://youtu.be/RdasoFKu7Xs Ingredients: 1 kilo of small Galunggong fish 1/2 head garlic, crushed 2-3 thumb size ginger ...read more
Ginataang Hipon with Malunggay at Sitaw at Kalabasa
https://youtu.be/-sRIsD6zGzk Ingredients: 2 cups pure coconut milk 2 cups of Kakang – gata 1 cup Malunggay 20 php. Kalabasa slice ...read more