Being busy every day, we should really figure out how to do some things lot easier but with lesser effect. Like for instance on cooking, there are easy to prepare dishes that also taste’s good. This Shrimp and Bacon Pasta Carbonara takes only 30 minutes to cook. Well, pasta is a staple in our household, but it can get rather boring to have plain old spaghetti sauce all the time. Carbonara is a great alternative to the usual tomato-based pasta dish. This pasta carbonara has been compared to an alfredo pasta by some. Well, they just have a little bit difference, alfredo sauce is usually made with a cream base whereas carbonara uses a bit of reserved water from the pasta and a few beaten eggs. Using egg in the dish doesn’t make it tasty, rather, the egg is used to stick bacon, garlic, and parmesan cheese perfectly to the pasta and shrimp. There are different ingredients to put in this dish that makes every version different, however in this version bacon strips and shrimp is used but it would also work really well with thinly sliced strips of the chicken as well. A wise tip for you, always keep in mind that if you use chicken you’ll need to cook it for a bit longer than the shrimp. So you won’t get stuck on your same old taste of your pasta.
- 1 serving linguine
- 4 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1/4 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- pepper to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- Start cooking the pasta.
- Fry the bacon in a pan and set aside.
- Drain most of the bacon grease from the pan but reserving about 1 tablespoons worth.
- Add the shrimp, garlic and pepper and saute until just cooked.
- Mix the egg yolk, heavy cream and parmigiano reggiano in a bowl.
- Drain the cooked pasta reserving some of the water.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss.
- Remove the pan from the heat and wait for the sizzling to stop.
- Add the egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Add a bit of the pasta water and toss to mix and coat.
Source: Closet Cookin
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more