- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 oz chorizo, casing removed
- 2 teas smoked paprkia
- 1 24 oz can whole plum tomatoes, juices reserved
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 teas dried oregano
- 1 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed, coarsley chopped
- 1 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, coat the bottom with the olive oil. Toss in the onion and garlic; cook about 15 minutes, until soft.
- Add the chorizo, paprika, and 1 teas salt. Cook for 2 minutes, the remaining oil will turn red. Add the tomatoes (without the juice), bay leaves, thyme, and oregano. Cook, stirring as needed for another minute.
- Add the potatoes, chicken broth, reserved tomato juice, and an additional teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes longer. Toss in the kale and cook for an additional 10 minutes. The potatoes should be fork tender.
- Lastly, add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes, until pink.
- Season as needed, and ladle into bowls.
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more