- 1 Pound Large Shrimps or Prawns, shells removed, tails intact
- 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup ICE COLD Water
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs or any Dried Breadcrumbs
- Cooking Oil for Frying
- 1/2 cup Light Sodium or Regular Soy Sauce
- Wasabi or Japanese Horseradish
- Mix together the batter ingredients and place inside the refrigerator while the shrimps are being prepped.
- Slit the underside of the shrimps at an angle to make them straight. Set aside.
- Take out the batter mix from the refrigerator and dip each shrimp, then dredge in the breadcrumbs. Repeat for all the shrimps before you start frying.
- Heat up the cooking oil using medium low heat and drop the shrimps one by one without crowding them in the oil.
- Cook until golden brown about 3-4 minutes, then set on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
Source : Filipino Food Recipes
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more