- 1 Pound Large Shrimps or Prawns, shells removed, tails intact
- 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup ICE COLD Water
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs or any Dried Breadcrumbs
- Cooking Oil for Frying
- 1/2 cup Light Sodium or Regular Soy Sauce
- Wasabi or Japanese Horseradish
- Mix together the batter ingredients and place inside the refrigerator while the shrimps are being prepped.
- Slit the underside of the shrimps at an angle to make them straight. Set aside.
- Take out the batter mix from the refrigerator and dip each shrimp, then dredge in the breadcrumbs. Repeat for all the shrimps before you start frying.
- Heat up the cooking oil using medium low heat and drop the shrimps one by one without crowding them in the oil.
- Cook until golden brown about 3-4 minutes, then set on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
Easy Related Posts
Timplang Negosyo ng Calamares
https://youtu.be/0-NsgY_hNSg Ingredients: 1 Kilo of Squid (clean and cut into ring) 2 cups of All-purpose flour ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
How to Cook Cheesy, Juicy & Creamy Baked Shrimp
https://youtu.be/BAsgMBdk-6s Ingredients ¼ cup bread crumbs 12 pcs Tiger Shrimps/Big ½ cup butter 1 tbsp Chopped ...read more
How to Cook Filipino Style Seafood Paella
https://youtu.be/YK9CDkrzY_Y Ingredients ¼ kilo mussel (pre-cooked) ¼ kilo clam shells (pre-cooked) ¼ kilo squid ¼ cup ...read more