If you’re looking for the comforting taste of Pinoy home cooking, what could be more welcome than a hot cupful of sinigang broth? The salty, sour soup that warms even the corners of the most exhausted heart is a welcome addition to any table, and this healthy recipe makes use of plump, sweet shrimp to add protein to this classic Filipino dish.
The cooking time in here ensures that the kangkong and the string beans will still maintain a bit of their crunch, making a pleasant contrast of fresh tastes and textures that will ensure that you won’t tire of this viand. Flavored with the tartness of a tamarind soup base, with spice levels that you can easily adjust by adding more peppers to simmer or even throwing in a dash of hot sauce, this recipe is a cure for the blues or anything that ails you!
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp (with head)
- 1 bunch water spinach (kangkong), cut in 3 inch length
- 1 cup string beans (sitaw), cut in 2 inch length
- 2 pieces medium-sized tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large white onion, quartered
- 8 cups water
- 1 pack sinigang mix (tamarind soup base mix), about 1.4 ounce
- 2 pieces banana pepper (or long green pepper)
- Pour the water in a large cooking pot and bring to a boil
- Add onions and tomatoes and cook until texture becomes soft
- Put-in the sinigang mix and simmer for 2 minutes
- Add the banana pepper and string beans and simmer for 3 minutes
- Add the shrimps and fish sauce then simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the water spinach, turn the heat off, and cover the pot. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Easy Related Posts
Timplang Negosyo ng Calamares
https://youtu.be/0-NsgY_hNSg Ingredients: 1 Kilo of Squid (clean and cut into ring) 2 cups of All-purpose flour ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
How to Cook Cheesy, Juicy & Creamy Baked Shrimp
https://youtu.be/BAsgMBdk-6s Ingredients ¼ cup bread crumbs 12 pcs Tiger Shrimps/Big ½ cup butter 1 tbsp Chopped ...read more
How to Cook Filipino Style Seafood Paella
https://youtu.be/YK9CDkrzY_Y Ingredients ¼ kilo mussel (pre-cooked) ¼ kilo clam shells (pre-cooked) ¼ kilo squid ¼ cup ...read more