Craving for tasty sour soup that you can enjoy even as side dish for rice especially for those cold night dinners? Well, we have here sinigang na ulo ng salmon recipe for you! It is given to Filipinos that sinigang is an all-time favorite dish. This is a sure comforting dish which is sour soup that when you slurp when hot, can fills you up with warmth. There are lots of version of sinigang depending on what ingredient is used, such as pork, beef, and fish using tamarind soup mix, tamarind, guava, or kamias as souring agent. Generally for fish sinigang, milkfish and maya-maya head is widely used. However, salmon head is also a good choice which is savory, delicious and satisfying. Try this recipe to get yourself a delicious warm.
- 1 whole Salmon head cleaned, cut into serving pieces
- 8 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 whole Onion sliced
- 1 large Tomato sliced
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 5 cups Water
- 3 tsp Sinigang Mix (Original) (adjust to your preference)
- 3 1/2 tbsp Fish Sauce (Patis) (adjust to your preference)
- 3 pcs Chilli Pepper (Siling mahaba)
- 1 cup Long string beans cut into 2-inches long
- 1 cup White Radish cut into wedges
- 1 cup Eggplant cut into wedges
- 1 bunch Kangkong (Water Spinach)
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep saucepan. Saute the garlic until the color turns golden brown, add the onions and tomatoes.
- Pour the water and bring to a boil. Get some broth and pour, stir to dissolved the sinigang mix powder then pour back. Season with fish sauce.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli pepper, long string beans, white radish and eggplant.
- Cover. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add the salmon. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add kangkong leaves. Cover. Simmer for another minute. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a deep bowl. Ready to serve. There you have it. Enjoy and share.