Ever wondered about how you’re going to choose between the sharp tartness of a good kinilaw with the smoky, meaty goodness of char-grilled liempo for a meal? This recipe combines two firm Filipino favorites in one recipe, topping the refreshing, palate-cleansing sauce of freshly-made tuna kinilaw, with the rich taste of grilled pork belly. With plenty of chopped chilies to add some heat and the crunch of red onions and cucumbers to add a contrast to the dish, this is definitely a winner if you serve it as a viand—you may end up having to make a lot more as this combination is sure to have people scooping up more sinuglaw onto their plates! Serve this with lots of hot rice, of course—and an ice-cold beer or soda would not be amiss. It’s perfect for parties or potluck celebrations as it keeps well and serves plenty of people!
- 1/2 kilo grilled pork belly (Inihaw na Liempo), chopped
- 1/2 kilo fresh Tuna meat, cut into cubes
- 2 cups cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cup Cane Vinegar or Coconut vinegar
- 1 medium sized red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, julienned
- 4 pieces finger chilies, sliced
- 3 pcs Calamansi or 1 pc lemon
- 4 to 6 pieces Siling Haba ( Bird’s eye chili ), chopped
- Salt to taste
- In large bowl place the Tuna meat and add 1/2 cup of vinegar then marinate for 10 minutes.
- Drain the vinegar then add cucumber, onion, ginger, finger chili, Bird’s eye chili, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Squeeze the calamansi or lemon until all the juices are extracted then add the remaining 3/4 cup vinegar. Mix well and soak for another 10 minutes.
- Now add the chopped Grilled pork belly and mix well.
- Place the mixture inside the refrigerator for one hour.
- To serve, check the seasoning and add more salt if necessary then transfer to a serving plate then serve.
Easy Related Posts
Crunchy Sardines Roll Recipes
https://youtu.be/DfHLHTdSOko Ingredients: 2 Sardines Bread Crumbs ½ cup Flour Egg Oil 1 tsp. Salt, Pepper and ...read more
How to cook Sweet N Sour Fish Recipe
https://youtu.be/XwzJBlZoCBo Ingredients: Fish Ginger Onion Garlic ¼ cup Tomato Ketchup 2 tbsp. Vinegar Sugar Salt and ...read more
Pinangat na Galunggong sa Palayok Recipe
https://youtu.be/RdasoFKu7Xs Ingredients: 1 kilo of small Galunggong fish 1/2 head garlic, crushed 2-3 thumb size ginger ...read more
How to Cook Paksiw na Pata Recipe
https://youtu.be/UmxZ0kiXhpA Ingredients: Pork Legs/Pata 1 cup Vinegar 3 tbsp. Sugar 1 tbsp. Salt and 1 tsp. Pepper Chili Bay Leaf Onion Garlic Banana Shoots/Flower 2 cups ...read more