- 3 lbs. pork spareribs
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup flour or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Wash, dry and trim the spare ribs then cut them into 1-rib pieces.
- Coat each rib in flour or corn starch, shaking to remove excess
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the ribs for several minutes,until browned and crispy on the exterior
- Drain on paper towels and set aside. The ribs should still be rare inside but they’ll finish cooking in the slow cooker
- Peel the garlic and grate them finely. You can also do a fine mince
- In a bowl, combine the Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic,
- honey, balsamic vinegar and water.
- Arrange the spareribs in the slow cooker neatly then pour the sauce over it. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the spareribs and place in a serving dish. Run the sauce through a fat separator or use a spoon to skim all the fat off the top layer. Pour the sauce over the ribs and serve immediately.
- They are so soft and fall-off-the-bone tender and oh so garlicky.
- Absolutely divine when served over steamed rice!
Easy Related Posts
Nilagang Tinolang Manok
https://youtu.be/HlgPpNB3VHk Ingredients: Manok Papaya or Sayote Patatas Pechay Malunggay Patis Bawang Sibuyas Asin, Paminta at magic ...read more
Pork Pata Kare – Kare Recipe
https://youtu.be/h_oK-K_G6JI Ingredients 1 whole pork pata 1 pc. puso ng saging 2 bunches pechay 12 pcs. ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more
Sizzling Crispy Pork Sisig
https://youtu.be/2yfF_xdcPQ0 Ingredients ½ kilo Pork Face ( boiled and grilled) 1 pc red chili (labuyo) 1 ...read more