- 4 medium yellow onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 medium garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 (5-inch) piece fresh ginger, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- steamed rice, for serving
- Place the onions, garlic, ginger, and bay leaf in an even layer in the slow cooker.
- Remove and discard the skin from the chicken. Arrange the chicken in an even layer on top of the onion mixture.
- Whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and pepper together in a medium bowl and pour it over the chicken.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and falling off the bone, about 4 to 5 hours on high or low. Remove and discard the ginger pieces and bay leaf. Serve with steamed rice.
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more