- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 2 tsp purple food color (ube)
- 2 cups water
- Soak glutinous rice in water overnight.
- Grind the soaked rice. (see bibingka how)
- Mix food color while the glutinous rice is being ground.
- Wrap the ground glutinous rice on a piece of muslin cloth and place it in a strainer to drain excess liquid. Another technique in draining excess liquid is by pressing a heavy object that has been placed over the muslin cloth.
- Once the ground rice has slightly dried, rub it against the screen of a strainer to produce coarse grained rice flour.
- The rice flour for making puto bumbong is now ready to cook. Fill each bamboo tube (bumbong) with just enough glutinous rice and put them into the steamer. See to it that the steamer contains boiling water.
- Steam rice flour in the bamboo tubes for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, shake out the contents of each bamboo tube or remove the cooked glutinous rice from the bumbong with the help of a knife.
- Spread butter on the puto bumbong and place a small piece of panutsa (sugar cane sweets).
- Add a small amount of grated coconut before serving.
- This recipe is good for 6-8 pieces of puto bumbong.
Recipe Source here
Easy Related Posts
Homemade Tuna Cheesy Pie Using Tasty Bread
https://youtu.be/ZVgWKDvn6dU Ingredients: 1 can of Tuna 2 pcs Eggs 1 cup of Breadcrumbs 5 – ...read more
How to Make Lumpiang Shanghai/Negosyo Recipes
https://youtu.be/EaM236WSOUo Ingredients: 1 kilo of Ground Pork 100 pcs. Lumpia wrapper 2 pcs. Carrot 2 pcs. ...read more
Tuna Siomai Recipe
https://youtu.be/IwAavYFEA1U Ingredients: San Marino tuna in can Carrot Onion 3 cloves Garlic Celery or Kinchay Egg ...read more
Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Using Lemon Square
https://youtu.be/laBxP8ymNwA Ingredients: 12 pcs. Lemon square cheesecake 2 pcs. Alaska Cream 1 small Condensed Milk 1 ...read more