- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 2 tsp purple food color (ube)
- 2 cups water
- Soak glutinous rice in water overnight.
- Grind the soaked rice. (see bibingka how)
- Mix food color while the glutinous rice is being ground.
- Wrap the ground glutinous rice on a piece of muslin cloth and place it in a strainer to drain excess liquid. Another technique in draining excess liquid is by pressing a heavy object that has been placed over the muslin cloth.
- Once the ground rice has slightly dried, rub it against the screen of a strainer to produce coarse grained rice flour.
- The rice flour for making puto bumbong is now ready to cook. Fill each bamboo tube (bumbong) with just enough glutinous rice and put them into the steamer. See to it that the steamer contains boiling water.
- Steam rice flour in the bamboo tubes for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, shake out the contents of each bamboo tube or remove the cooked glutinous rice from the bumbong with the help of a knife.
- Spread butter on the puto bumbong and place a small piece of panutsa (sugar cane sweets).
- Add a small amount of grated coconut before serving.
- This recipe is good for 6-8 pieces of puto bumbong.
Recipe Source here
Easy Related Posts
Tofu Sisig Recipe
https://youtu.be/cfjybFwwpio Ingredients 6 pcs Tokwa/ Tofu (dice) 1 pc white onion ( dice) 3 cloves garlic ...read more
Egg Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/8u-5KpGPve4 Ingredients 8 pcs Boiled egg ½ cup mayonnaise 1 pc red bell pepper ( small ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more
Super Easy Yema Spread
https://youtu.be/w0Lvzip2tUw Ingredients: 2 pcs. Egg Yolks 1 can of Condensed Milk 1 pack of Cream ...read more