- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 2 tsp purple food color (ube)
- 2 cups water
- Soak glutinous rice in water overnight.
- Grind the soaked rice. (see bibingka how)
- Mix food color while the glutinous rice is being ground.
- Wrap the ground glutinous rice on a piece of muslin cloth and place it in a strainer to drain excess liquid. Another technique in draining excess liquid is by pressing a heavy object that has been placed over the muslin cloth.
- Once the ground rice has slightly dried, rub it against the screen of a strainer to produce coarse grained rice flour.
- The rice flour for making puto bumbong is now ready to cook. Fill each bamboo tube (bumbong) with just enough glutinous rice and put them into the steamer. See to it that the steamer contains boiling water.
- Steam rice flour in the bamboo tubes for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, shake out the contents of each bamboo tube or remove the cooked glutinous rice from the bumbong with the help of a knife.
- Spread butter on the puto bumbong and place a small piece of panutsa (sugar cane sweets).
- Add a small amount of grated coconut before serving.
- This recipe is good for 6-8 pieces of puto bumbong.
Recipe Source here
Easy Related Posts
Bola bola Sardines with Malunggay
https://youtu.be/24Um6JRMdjA Ingredients: Sardines 1 cup Malunggay/Moringa leaves Ginger Onion Garlic Egg ½ cup Flour 1 tbsp. ...read more
Tuna Siomai Recipe
https://youtu.be/IwAavYFEA1U Ingredients: San Marino tuna in can Carrot Onion 3 cloves Garlic Celery or Kinchay Egg ...read more
No Bake Banana Cake with Goya Chocolate
https://youtu.be/bfNpR9OQFdk Ingredients: ripe bananas (lakatan) 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup brown sugar 1 teaspoon baking ...read more
How to Cook Ginataang Tilapia Recipe
https://youtu.be/K9qiHP5K7EM Ingredients: 1 kilo of Tilapia Fish 2 Small Coconut milk 2 tbsp. Fish Sauce ...read more