- 2 teaspoons soju
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon gochujang
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 260 grams (9 ounces) skin-on boneless chicken thighs
- In a small bowl, combine the soju, sugar, soy sauce, gochujang, sesame oil and grated garlic, stirring to combine. Lightly salt both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken skin side down on a cold skillet. Place a cast iron skillet or pot filled with water on top of the chicken to weigh it down. Put the skillet on the stove and cook over medium low heat until the skin side is uniformly golden brown and crisp (about 8-10 minutes).
- Remove the weight and flip the chicken over.
- Drain as much oil from the pan as you can, then turn up the heat to high and pour the sauce mixture in around the chicken, being careful not to get any on the crisp skin.
- Let the sauce boil down until it’s thick and bubbly, and then flip the chicken over a few times to coat both sides of the chicken with the thick glaze.
- Slice and serve the chicken immediately with steamed rice.
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more