- 1 kilo tambakol , sliced
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 3 thumb-sized ginger, crushed and sliced
- 1 big red onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp whole black pepper
- 3 tomatoes, chopped ( optional)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3 pcs whole green chilis
- salt or fish sauce, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- banana leaves, cut about 2×10(inches) for wrapping
- Wash fish. Pat dry. Rub some salt.
- In a bowl, mix together garlic, onions, tomatoes, ginger, a dash of ground pepper, then place about a tbsp mixture on top of each fish slices, then wrap each in banana leaves.
- Layer all the rest of ingredients in the pot (except the coconut cream, water and vinegar). Then place the fish wraps on top of the spices.
- Now pour in the vinegar and water. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until the water is reduced (but not dry).
- Add the coconut cream. Simmer. Season with fish sauce.Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice. Add some chopped chilis, if preferred. Enjoy!
Source: Pinoy Kitchenette
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more