- 1 large pork knuckle (about 2 lbs/1 kg)
- 8 cups (2 liters) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Filipino vinegar (suka) or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) black soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (60 g) brown sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup (35 g) dried banana heart or lily buds, rinsed and soaked in water until soft, or
- 2 cups (200 g) cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the pork in a large saucepan with the water, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, bay leaves and garlic, reducethe heat and simmer until the pork is tender and the sauce has thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Add the banana heart and simmer for another 30 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Pata Humba Recipe
https://youtu.be/oLseB1GjHnU Also known as “braised pork belly” and one ...read more
How to Cook Pork Caldereta Recipe
https://youtu.be/U8bfGqiheY0 Ingredients: 1 kilo Pork Ribs Carrots Potato Tomato Sauce 1 cup Ketchup Cheese 1 tbsp. ...read more
Wonton Soup Recipe
Ingredients: 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil (I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil) 4 cloves Garlic, Minced ...read more
Homemade Kikiam Recipe
Ingredients: 1 kg ground pork 2 cups red onions, chopped 1/3 cup minced garlic 1 ...read more