- 1 large pork knuckle (about 2 lbs/1 kg)
- 8 cups (2 liters) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Filipino vinegar (suka) or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) black soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (60 g) brown sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup (35 g) dried banana heart or lily buds, rinsed and soaked in water until soft, or
- 2 cups (200 g) cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the pork in a large saucepan with the water, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, bay leaves and garlic, reducethe heat and simmer until the pork is tender and the sauce has thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Add the banana heart and simmer for another 30 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
Easy Related Posts
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a ...read more
Sizzling Crispy Pork Sisig
https://youtu.be/2yfF_xdcPQ0 Ingredients ½ kilo Pork Face ( boiled and grilled) 1 pc red chili (labuyo) 1 ...read more
How to Cook Pata Humba Recipe
https://youtu.be/oLseB1GjHnU Also known as “braised pork belly” and one ...read more
How to Cook Pork Caldereta Recipe
https://youtu.be/U8bfGqiheY0 Ingredients: 1 kilo Pork Ribs Carrots Potato Tomato Sauce 1 cup Ketchup Cheese 1 tbsp. ...read more