- 2 cups glutinous rice, soaked overnight
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup young coconut, shredded into strips
- banana leaves, passed through lames to wilt
- grind the rice until fine
- transfer the ground rice to a cheese cloth. tie the end of the cheese cloth. press to remove excess water.
- place the ground rice on a tray to dry a little.
- add the sugar and young coconut. mix well and water to form a soft mixture.
- place 3 tablespoons of the mixture, form into a cylinder and place in banana leaves. flatten a little before broiling over hot charcoal.
- the tupig is done when the filling is brownish and chewy in consistency.
Easy Related Posts
Easy Macapuno Tarts Recipe
Tarts are typically free-standing with firm pastry base consisting of dough, itself made of flour, ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more