Fun of having cheese sticks for snacks? Well lucky you, here is a recipe on how you can do it yourself with just four simple ingredients. Cheese sticks is great to snack on their own or for dipping, this is also perfect addition to your next cheese and wine party or any occasion. Or perhaps you just like a good snack in no particular event. This simple cheese sticks is easy to cook, buttery, flaky, and lightly crunchy. You could have made this using puff pastry but that required a trip to the store since homemade takes like forever but with a hand of flour, some diced butter an egg and lots of cheese. It is so easy to put together this cheese sticks. For just 5 minutes, the dough comes together in the food processor. Crumb the butter with the flour and mixing in the egg, if ever you don’t have one you can make the dough by hand. The waiting part begins once the dough is done, a chilling time for about 1 hour does the trick. Once the dough is chilled roll it out and cover with grated cheese. Fold and grate some more cheese. And there, you have this savory cheese sticks ready for a snack!
- 2 1/4 cups (270 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) cold butter, diced
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- chilled water
- 4 oz (113 grams) Cheese
- In a food processor add the flour, butter, egg and salt. Pulse for a few seconds to 1 minutes or until it resembles crumbs.
- Slowly add a few drops of chilled water until it comes together in ball.
- Take the dough out, wrap it in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- When the dough is cold, turn the oven on. Preheat to 400F.
- On a slightly floured surface roll the dough into a 12 X15″ rectangle.
- Brush one half of the dough with a little water and grate around 2 oz Jarslberg cheese on top of it. Cover with the other half and press gently to make sure there are no big air bubbles in between.
- Grate some more Jarlsberg cheese on top. Using a pizza cutter cut the cheese sticks.
- Place the cheese sticks on 2 baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Source here
Easy Related Posts
Tofu Sisig Recipe
https://youtu.be/cfjybFwwpio Ingredients 6 pcs Tokwa/ Tofu (dice) 1 pc white onion ( dice) 3 cloves garlic ...read more
Egg Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/8u-5KpGPve4 Ingredients 8 pcs Boiled egg ½ cup mayonnaise 1 pc red bell pepper ( small ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more
Super Easy Yema Spread
https://youtu.be/w0Lvzip2tUw Ingredients: 2 pcs. Egg Yolks 1 can of Condensed Milk 1 pack of Cream ...read more