- 300g beef frying steak 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- ½ green pepper, seeded and cut into squares approx. 3cm
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely sliced
- 3 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 2 tbs peanut or sunflower oil
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 2 tbs cornflour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp meat tenderiser
- 1 tbs peanut or sunflower oil
- 100 ml cold water
- a few drops sesame oil
- 3 tbs tomato ketchup
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs Shao Hsing wine or dry sherry
- 150 ml water
- 1 tsp cornflour blended in a little water
- Mix together the marinade ingredients. Slice the beef into pieces about 2cm x 5cm and about 5mm thick, and coat in the marinade, rubbing it in well with your hands so that the meat absorbs some of it. Leave to stand for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat 1 tbs of the oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir fry the onions, peppers and chilli for about 2 minutes until very lightly cooled. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and reheat. Lift the meat from the marinade with a slotted spoon and stir fry for around 5 minutes until cooked through. Return the onion mixture to the pan and mix well, then add all the sauce ingredients except the cornflour. Bring to the boil and stir in the tomato wedges. Cook for 1 minute until they are heated through, then stir in the cornflour and bring back to the boil, stirring so that it thickens evenly.
- Serve with plain boiled rice.
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Papaitan(Beef Tripes ) Recipe
https://youtu.be/kQkcCwwCTAw Ingredients: Beef tripes and beef trimmings (boiled) Slice Ginger, Chili and Bay leaf Slice Onion ...read more
Beer Marinated Baked Wings
Ingredients: 1 kilo chicken wings, tip cut off, cut into leggie and wingette parts 200 ...read more
Beef and Eggplant Sauce
Ingredients: 3 cups eggplant, peeled and cut into bite size 250gm ground beef 2 cups ...read more