- 1 rack pork (or beef) spare ribs, about 3 pounds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon instant dashi (or chicken boullion)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- green onion, for garnish
- Using a sharp knife, separate each rib for easier cooking.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the ribs and cook breifly for 3 to 4 minutes to help remove excess fat and blood from the meat.
- Drain the ribs in the sink.
- In a wide skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add the ribs and garlic and cook for a few minutes on either side until nicely browned.
- While the ribs are browning, prepare the sauce. Mix the salt, pepper, dashi, brown sugar, soy sauce, mirin, sake, and vinegar with a few cups of water, enough to cover the ribs. The water will cook down, so it doesn’t have to be exact!
- Once the ribs have browned, add them to the water. Cover and let simmer for 1 to 2 hours until the liquid has been reduced.
- Once the water gets low you need to watch it carefully, it can burn!
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Paksiw na Pata Recipe
https://youtu.be/UmxZ0kiXhpA Ingredients: Pork Legs/Pata 1 cup Vinegar 3 tbsp. Sugar 1 tbsp. Salt and 1 tsp. Pepper Chili Bay Leaf Onion Garlic Banana Shoots/Flower 2 cups ...read more
How to Cook Pork Caldereta
https://youtu.be/U8bfGqiheY0 Ingredients: 1 kilo Pork Ribs Carrots Potato Tomato Sauce 1 cup Ketchup Cheese 1 tbsp. Salt and 1 tsp. Pepper Seasoning Powder Red Bell ...read more
How to Cook Lechon Sinigang Recipe
https://youtu.be/pFkua1ObFdY Ingredients: Left over Pork Lechon Gabi / Taro Roots Eggplant Radish String beans Okra Water spinach Tomato Onion Garlic Chili ¼ cup Fish sauce ½ tsp. Salt and ...read more
How to Cook Pork Pastel Recipe
https://youtu.be/QQYnIV9PI3A Ingredients: 1 Kilo Pork slice cubes 1 small Evap. Milk Carrots slice cubes Potato slice cubes Bell pepper slice cubes Onion ...read more