- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 piece eggyolk
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1/4 cup ice water
Buko Pie Filling:
- 4 cups coconut meat
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 300 ml. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- Buko Pie Cooking Instructions – How To Make Buko Pie:
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Cut in shortening using two knives or a pastry cutter.
- Combine the egg yolk, vinegar and water. After that, slowly add the liquid to the flour mixing until dough can be handled.
- Divide the dough into 2; one part slightly bigger than the other. Roll bigger dough to about 2 inches larger than a 16-inch pie plate.
- Fit dough into a pie plate, letting sides hang.
- Roll out remaining dough for the crust.
- Set it aside for a while.
- Combine filling ingredients in a thick saucepan.
- Cook and sti constantly to thicken. Cool then pour into prepared crust.
- Cover with top crust; flute or crimp edges together to seal.
- Bake for 1 – 1.5 hrs. at 425 degrees F.
Source: San Pablo